I can never find the bloody instructions for the light on our Biorb fish tank and it’s not the most intuitive piece of equipment I’ve ever used so I thought I’d stick the instructions here so I’d always know where I can find them.
The Intelligent Light Manual & Programming Instructions
Just plug the biorb intelligent light in and it automatically simulates a natural light light in your aquarium
Quick Start – Standard Cycle
- Plug the din socket into a Reef One 12v AC power supply (only use Reef One power supplies), the moonlight (blue LED) will come on and the light will be in standard mode. (time elapsed 0:00)
- The moonlight will then stay on as the light begins to rise up to daylight (white LED’s) simulating natural sunrise. (time elapsed 1:00)
- After 1 hour, daylight will be at full power with no moonlight. In this mode, daylight will stay on for a further 8 hours. (time elapsed 9:00)
- After 9 hours the daylight will then start to fade into moonlight, simulating a natural sunset. This will take a further 1 hour. (time elapsed 10:00)
- After 10 hours the moonlight will then remain on until the cycle repeats, this happens automatically, every 24 hours unless interrupted by a power failure or user input. (time elapsed 24:00)
- Then the light cycle repeats
Cleaning and Care
Clean the lens of the light regularly with Reef One cleaning cloths. If scale builds up, use the Reef One Plastic Scratch Remover and polish.
TIMER FEATURE: Simply plug the unit in and a light cycle of both sun and moonlight starts automatically!
LED’S: Enjoy a much longer life so no more new bulbs or tubes to buy!
SAFER: 12v power supply, safe for you and your fish
SAVES MONEY: On your bills by using less power for the same brightness!
LESS STRESS: for your fish as the light unit gradually fades up and down, just like sunrise and sunset in the natural world!
Other things the Biorb Intelligent LED Light can do when the bubble button is held down for…
Hold – to delay 24 hour cycle
1x flash – Normal 24 hour light cycle will start from this time of day
2 x flash – Daylight is turned off for 2 hours and then resumes previous cycle (blue LED is not affected by this and will remain on). Ideal for watching movies or when doing maintenance. To resume earlier than 2 hours, press for two flashes.
Hold to adjust timings
3x flash – 24 hour standard cycle with 8 hours of daylight
4x flash – 24 hour cycle with short daylight (5 hours of daylight)
5x flash – 24 hour cycle with extended daylight (14 hours of daylight)
6x flash – 24 hour permanent daylight with no moonlight
7x flash – 24 hour permanent moonlight with 8 hours of daylight
8x flash – 24 hour daylight and moonlight
9x flash – 30 second demo cycle. To exit, disconnect from power.
Hope someone else finds this of use.